Smoothie bowls have been an ongoing trend on social media. If you hashtag ‘smoothie bowl’ so many images and other posts will appear. Smoothie bowls make eating healthily and drinking smoothies a little more interesting and a little more filling. Although, they take longer than your standard smoothie it adds some methodological variety to your healthy lifestyle.
Usually I use avocados/frozen avocados, bananas and/or frozen blueberries as a main ingredient to put in because it gives the smoothie a thick texture and this thick texture allows for other fruit and vegetables to be put on top to enjoy with it.
You will need:
- 2 Frozen Avocados
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Hands full of frozen blueberries
- 2 Hands full of spinach
- 1 pear
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 1 small glass of milk
- 1 small glass of water
- 1 small glass of yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of Milled Linseed
- Blender (I use a Vitamix or Nutribullet)
- Use any toppings of your choosing or what you think would taste nicely with it.
- Slice both avocados and one banana and place into the blender, followed by the blueberries and spinach.
- Pour milk and water into the blender
- Blend the contents. If it is of thick consistency, which it should be, pour into a bowl.
- Pour the yoghurt into the smoothie and mix it in.
- Chop pear, cucumber and the other banana it medium-thin slices and place on top of the smoothie.
- Spread the Milled Linseeds all over smoothie bowl and toppings and then you have your smoothie bowl!